Drawing its origins from The Brew’s comprehensive reads on Goals, Goal Alignment & Goal Setting (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3), the Alignment Index enables organizations to fix dysfunctionalities, operational fault lines, & strategic gaps. Also see The OKR series – a management technique on operationalization of goal alignment across at systems level. In addition to these, also see, How aligned is Your Organization ?? HBR 2017
Why is it that organizational alignment is exponentially more important & valuable to success than vision? So much so that it’s also a critical ingredient to building of high performance organization. In fact it’s 99% more significant to be precise. Of the total significance of success drivers to organizational success, aligning teams & employees contribute 99% to the success, with vision accounting for 1% of it. Aligning the organization around the defined strategic plan enables the teams to execute against its goals and scale up the company
Based on organizational alignment research, highly aligned organizations have the following attributes, vis a vis the less aligned ones:
- Grow revenue 58% faster
- Are 72% more profitable
- Satisfy customers 3.2-to-1
- Engage employees 16.8-to-1
And hence, the importance of organizational alignment, can’t be understated – one of the key reasons being, most of the strategic organizational goals & metrics are driven by cross functional impact – multiple internal stakeholders & functions having a role to play in its realization, while seeing through the competing goals that realize moving the needle favorably of these strategic goals. Which is why, the importance of organizational alignment becomes so imperative – cos through alignment, the inter-dependencies, the multiplier effects over the value chain & the optimization of organizational resources to get orchestrated, enabling the realization of strategic goals.
How does The Brew’s Alignment Index helps ?
- It follows a bottom-up approach, giving visibility of critical information percolation & communication at the grassroots
- In addition to last mile information check, it gauges the employee perceptions in terms of readiness, feasibility & preparedness to the ask of essentials for realization of strategic goals.
- The degree & direction of interaction between employee perceptions & employee efforts, from the lens of expectations, accountability, practices & teams
- From the above insights, the Management & Leadership are to get extremely important lead indicators & follow-up actions to improve realization of organizational goals.
Organizational alignment is key to achieving strategic goals and successful realization to strategy execution. It is the cornerstone of maximization of goal attainment & a leading driver of organizational success & progress.
Take The Brew’s Alignment Index to enable deeper clarity & understanding of the extent of goal alignment to strategic priorities, enabling the organization to improve sustainability in realization of objectives, growth & profitability from its occupation.