Diminishing remote work engagement, increasing turnover, varying levels of productivity in a remote team meant there was minimal certainty & predictability on employees’ behaviors, their experiences & daily pulse – In Remote Work setup, cos the employees’ work environments are not influence-able this is bound to happen. This trend has often been seen with organizations opting for Remote Work, where, the critical business metrics (remote work productivity, remote work performance & business outcomes) & critical human capital metrics (remote engagement, remote disengagement, remote work attrition & remote work retention) have tendency to be unpredictable, more often on the unfavorable side. (also see, BW People’s Remote Working challenges, Buffer’s State of Remote Work 2020)
Client’s Pain Points
Even with high proficiency in skill sets & capabilities, the remote work productivity levels would vary beyond tolerances. With unpredictable metrics, the clients wanted to ascertain & dissect the driving factors of remote work engagement that would impact the variances in remote work productivity & performance
With an increasing remote work attrition within Sales functions, particularly the segment of new employees was facing high turnover risks – infant attrition (employees less than 6 – 12 months old) was at 58%. With high uncertainty around, the Clients equally wanted to ensure the system had right elements to motivate the team, along with their mental, well-being & psychological needs, & would measure the insights that drove attrition risks.
With the above requirements, the clients were seeking a definite fitment to remote work engagement model, which offered high agility to identify factors leading to performance & equally, serving early warning indicators to nascent attrition tendencies. With The Brew’s Remote Work tools, the benchmarked results & trending was instantaneous. This enabled Managers, early on to assess chart effort & resource allocations with dis-engaged & at risk team members, pivoting the entire practice from reactive to proactive & game changing.
By leveraging The Brew’s Remote Work toolkit, the clients have been able to transform its sales team & its operational setup, with numerous benefits and results as follows:
- With real time pulse data & remote work engagement data, Managers are now able to proactively respond & manage the risk influencing factors, much more before the inflection point. The objective to pursue engagement, rather than satisfaction is a definite paradigm shift, which has come from measuring the right set data points.
- Even in this period of high uncertainty & business disruption, the HR team can work closely with new line managers with objectivity & direction of impact around people management, forming effective business partnering and having good quality conversations
- A definite 40% rise in employee engagement over March 2020 v/s. June 2020 (minimal data on remote work disengagement before 2020 fiscal)
- Remote Work retention is up 22% due to focused attention on specific employee perceptions & follow-up behaviors & actions.
- Business performance & work productivity is up by 8% & 18% on QoQ basis
Most impactful is that now business can predict performance, productivity & human capital critical trends to such an extent – that it validates the remote work engagement tools, on the fundamental premise of The Brew’s business focused value proposition: Improved engagement = improved productivity; a strong correlation for low remote work engagement scores and low productivity vis-a-vis high remote work engagement scores and high productivity.