Last Updated on
About the Organization
Goal Alignment & sustainability of high growth were concerning issues at this high growth organization. Being India’s largest crypto (wikipedia) exchange, with next milestone of going global, the ask was to transition to a high performance organization. Also see, the impact of having unaligned goals in organization dysfunctions – goals & goals alignment
We started with align human capital (a key tenet & starting point for building high performance organization – see the science of it here) around the company’s strategic priorities, ensuring high growth trajectory and be able to measure our progress with a more scientific approach, given the steeper growth to follow with a high VUCA characterization in our operating model.
For high growth startups, The Brew’s Alignment Index, Ownership – Accountability Index & Right Culture are best suited to fix the fundamentals of moving the needle & keeping in check the overall vibe of the workplace. For the uninitiated, also see how not fixing these results in to organizational dysfunctions & subsequently scaling issues in our detailed series here – The Big Picture.
Analyzing the requirement, our approach was to deploy the OKR Framework (See Demystifying OKRs – our detailed learnings from deploying OKRs at various high growth organizations, divided in to 5 insightful parts covering the Concept, Application, Best Practices, Deployment & Common Mistakes to avoid) – enabling higher Goal Alignment (See Organizational Dysfunctions from Goals & Goals Alignment), balancing between accountability, empowerment, agility & outcomes.
The Brew facilitated a number of workshops to help us tease out and priorities our strategic objectives. As part of that work, we also trained the OKR pilot team in coaching and feedback skills, to give us the best chance of learning as we went. This ensured a smooth roll out of OKR to core team, with responsibilities being taken in house from that point forward.
We’ve had a sizeable shift in alignment since embarking on this work. We have now expanded the pilot to reach all of the functional heads & critical strategic roles, and that is really helping to drive strategic alignment. People now feel connected to the growth drivers for the business.
Building High Performance Organizations – an overview of our craft (See the science of how we do it here)
- Ensuring Goal Alignment at an Organizational level (deployment of OKR framework – Rapidly becoming the de-facto standard for ambitious high growth businesses, OKRs help to crystallize business priorities, enable everyone to align into them and drive your growth forward)
- Developing Balanced Goals at Micro (Individual goals with emphasis to personal mastery, impact, team engagement & cultural alignment) & Macro level (Collaborative goals with focus on team & organizational impact)
- Instilling key elements of Ownership, Accountability, & Responsibility with continuous development loops (See Ownership Accountability Index)
- Ensuring Purpose driven, business aligned & organizational sustainability practices are embedded in the human capital model
- Building High Performance Teams (See High Performance Team Index)